Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Welcome to the lawsuit...i mean show!

Dear blog readers,

Recently, some of my friends and clients have been "sued" in those mass copyright lawsuits. The lawsuits are in Florida and D.C. Of course, no where near where my clients or friends live. I have spent a bit of time researching this issue online. As I explore more, I hope to share this information with you guys, so that youa re in the same position, you, more or less, know what you should do.

As I mentioned, ther eis a case pending in D.C. and another in Florida. From what I read, the cases in California are getting easily dismissed and the judges seem to be fed up with the mass lawsuits. But, Florida seems to be different. More friendly to the lawsuits. The judge in my Florida case denied the Motions to Quash and stated that defendants had to reveal their names, address and phone number if they wanted to file a motion. So while the Motions to Quash might make it more expensive to litigate the case, they don't seem to work in Florida.

I can tell you that in one case, the studios hired a call center, or something, to call and offer a settlement. The settlement amount is $2,500.00

-_-

Thoughts, comments, ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment